Candles seem to add a little romance to any occasion. It’s no wonder why they’re so commonplace on dinner tables everywhere, particularly when couples are setting the mood for a special meal. But can that fiery flicker be even more meaningful? Maybe. This DIY candle is perfect for Valentine’s Day, and it could be just the project for you and your partner to make your celebration that much better.
- birch pillar (look in the wood section of a craft store)
- tealight candle
- 1 3/8 or slightly larger drill bit
- Mark the size of your tealight candle then drill a hole in the top of your birch pillar.
- Carve a design into the front of your birch pillar. It could be your initials inside a big heart, your last name, the year you were married – anything you want.
- Put the candle in the hole you drilled at the top and voila – you have a nice, personalized candle for you and your significant other to enjoy.
Now that you’re candle is complete, all that’s left is dinner. If you’ve gone through the trouble of creating this special candle, you may want to eat at home. Once you’ve found a delicious recipe to prepare, it’s time to consider setting the table, which means you have to ponder where to place that beautiful candle you just created. No reason you can’t etch a design into both sides of the candle if you want you and your partner each to face the front of it. Or, consider making a second candle. Whatever you decide, just have fun with it.
You might also like: Power Up In The New 2024 RAV4
Sure, this candle could be perfect for setting the mood for your Valentine’s Day celebration with your sweetheart, but it’s not exclusively for Cupid’s day. In fact, a personalized craft like this can be a meaningful gift for birthdays, graduations, weddings, anniversaries, holidays, or anything else.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.