Father’s Day will be here very soon, and children of all ages need to make sure Pop is taken care of on his special day. Store-bought gifts may be the way to go, but sometimes a homemade item can be more meaningful. Here are some DIY gifts ideas from Oprah Daily that Dad may like.
DIY Gift Ideas
- Cell Phone Stand and Accessory Holder. People who enjoy making crafts out of wood may enjoy creating a sophisticated multi-purposed stand that can hold a cell phone, watch, glasses, and more.
- Wood-Burned Kitchen Tools. Dads who like to cook may enjoy some wooden spoons, spatulas, and other kitchen tools that have personalized messages or art from a loved one.
- Etched Water Bottle. Etching may be easier than a lot of people think, and everyone could use more water. So, giving Dad an etched water bottle makes perfect sense.
- Wooden Tie Rack. Over the years, dads everywhere have amassed quite a number of ties. This year, maybe they should get a place to hang them. A homemade wooden tie rack could be just the thing.
- 3D Planter. If dad has a green thumb, he can keep his plant looking beautiful. The kids can turn a standard terracotta pot into something truly special for his home or office.
- Personalized Grill Tools. Folks can head to a variety of stores to find grilling tools that they can personalize for their dad. Better yet, though, is when they add the personalization themselves.
- LEGO Cufflinks. LEGOs are a popular toy for young kids, and even adults find it fun to create models and other crafts out of the colorful building blocks. Now, they can use them as DIY cufflinks, too. Word to the wise: they will still hurt if someone steps on them.
- Buffalo Check Soap. Perhaps dad could use an extra bar of soap. Even if it is just decorative instead of what he uses everyday, it can be a very thoughtful gift.
- Stacked Herb Garden. If Dad likes to incorporate a variety of herbs into his daily diet perhaps a stacked herb garden should be the gift for him. It consists of three flower pots stacked on top of each other, each one smaller than the one below it, filled with growing herbs.
- Painted Golf Tees. For people whose Dad likes to golf, one simple idea is making DIY painted golf tees. Kids just dip the tees into the paint and voila, the gift only has to dry.
You might also like: Check Out The Fuel-Efficient 2023 Toyota Corolla
Measure Twice, Cut Once
Anyone who has an old yardstick lying around may want to create a yardstick bottle opener for Dad. All it takes is wood, a bottle opener, and of course, a yard stick.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.